Follow This Blog

Tuesday 27 September 2016

One year anniversary - of being in jail

It was 19th of September 2015, I was running a full poker room of about 30 people, it was a re-entry tournament, a great one at it as well. It was going so well with HKD 15000 first prize. People were having fun, many commented how well organized it was.....

Then suddenly my CCTV feed went off. And there was a loud bang on the door. I peeked out the peep hole and saw 7 angry men with crowbars and what looked like a battering ram yelling OPEN THE DOOR in Malay. I had no choice but to open. I thought they were gangsters but I guess in Malaysia, it's hard to differentiate. OOOOhhh I am soooooo getting in trouble with this comment.

A few hours later, I drove myself and a couple of cops to the police station because they ran out of room on the truck. Me and my buddies were in there for 2 nights and me an extra night by myself with a bunch of drug users and pushers.

One of the most unforgettable experiences I had, there was a young guy in a cell across from me. He was locked up for 2 years. On my last day, he told me, "one day inside, one day outside". What he meant is that everyone has 24 hours a day. While you're spending it outside, he is spending it inside. But the problem is, a lot of people who are "free" are not living their lives. Those who are locked up wished they had the freedom we have. That inspired me to live my life fuller and pursue the things that made sense to me.

One year after I was released, I still think about the guy. He is still in there and has another year to go. While I had a year out doing what I did. This is for you buddy.

Check out the news coverage of our raid.
http://www.nst.com.my/news/2015/09/16-nab-gambling-den-raid

And the news video
https://www.facebook.com/8TV.NEWS/videos/1115508888476752/
(you can see me in my signature green hoodie LOL)

One year later, one year wiser, what an unforgettable experience

No comments:

Post a Comment