Follow This Blog

Sunday 31 January 2021

What Happened in January 2021

January was the laziest month I've had for about a year. I played 10 sessions for just 30 hours, small profit for the month, took a nice beach vacation, went out to restaurants more, traded some crypto, played and cashed one online tournament, played lots of City Skylines (PC game).

After all the hard grinding months I think I deserve a lazy month. But I will start to grind more again starting February. Man's gotta eat! January was a month of ups and downs. Not just financially, but emotionally as well. As I have let go of 2020 and all that happened, it seems people are still talking about what I did or did not do. As I look back, all I can say is I did the best I could given the circumstances. Sure I made mistakes but I had to make big decisions on the fly, most of the time to help my friends but somehow it came back to sting me. But I'm done explaining myself to people. Those who consider me their friend should be able to see things from my perspective. 

I wasn't too keen to go to Koh Rong Sanloem but after being in Cambodia for 2 years I said to myself I am going to go at least once otherwise I might regret it. The trip turned out to be a pleasant getaway in spite of the long ride to and fro. Bumped into a friend of all places and had a good few days of R&R. The water was clean and nice, white sandy beaches, and made a few new friends.

God is the best artist

My new friends at the hotel

Now that I have more time for myself, I am trying to take care of my body. I played football maybe 8 times this past month, although I could have played more. I've never been good at playing football, plus I was severely out of shape, so I made some mistakes on the pitch. I heard a French guy call me "stupid" and he was on my team. Sometimes people can be so mean. It's just a fucking game. But there are also nice guys who would encourage me. 

Those who know me well will know that I am a foodie so I've finally had time to go out and try some restaurants, and time to cook and bake at home as well. So even with new exercise regime and intermittent fasting, the weight hasn't gone down by much yet. LOL. 

Home made biscuits

The only thing I miss about Vietnam

Looking back I remember last March I was watching in horror as we hit 1 million COVID cases. I remember feeling how significant that number was. Today the number is 103 million. I am learning to be thankful and realizing how miniscule and insignificant we are in this universe. 






No comments:

Post a Comment