Follow This Blog

Sunday 29 December 2019

My Poker Journey in 2019

At the beginning of the year I set a few goals for myself not really knowing my path for 2019.
* Spend more time studying and reflecting
* Improve my ITM rate
* Improve my focus and patience
* Degen-free for 2019 
* Keep better track and management of my money
* Doing right things, doing things right

First of all I did spend time studying and reflecting. Maybe not as much as I should but I can honestly say I am a better player now than I was in the beginning of the year. I have made some new friends who have helped my game. 



Up till May 2019 I was still focusing on tournament poker. There were a few highlights, including breaking my lifetime 100k mark on Hendon, winning a high roller tournament against a tough field, playing the highest buy in event of my life (10k USD - won a satellite) seated next to John Juanda and Nananoko. My ITM rate is still not high enough but I managed to go deeper in my cashes than before. 12 cashes including finishing in the top 5 six times. 

I am also very proud that I went the whole year degen-free. No blackjack, baccarat, sports bet, or anything like that. Did do a last longer bet with an old friend but that was money in the bank anyways LOL. I am also quite pleased with the way I have managed my money and kept track of my results.


This year together with HKPPA we raised USD 3500 from my Charity Tournament for CCF. Also I had some personal donations to them and other causes. But I am most proud that I have inspired others to pay it forward in their own ways. I can only do this much but the impact of many can make a big difference. 

November and December were not as smooth and unless I get a huge score in the next couple of days, I am ending the year with 2 losing months in a row. However I am still grateful for the journey this year as I feel that I have grown so much as a person and a poker player, I was fortunate enough to move up stakes and played the highest stakes of my career so far, met and befriended some very interesting people, seen and experienced things that I would not have imagined. I saw some players snorting cocaine during the game, and just the other day, someone put a gun on the table. A couple of friends were kidnapped and beaten up by a rival private game and the kidnappers were arrested and it went on the news. Hopefully I have seen it all by now. 

I am thankful for this year in spite of some rough patches. I have learned to be happy in whatever situation, live a life of principles with positivity, don't judge, boast or be envious, always doing the right thing even when it's the unpopular choice. I have a feeling 2020 is going to be even bigger for me and I hope you will join me on this journey for another year!

Happy new year to all!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the best and informative article
    Joker888 slot, ahlibet88

    ReplyDelete