Follow This Blog

Tuesday 30 November 2021

WSOP Europe Adventure DAY 4

I thought it snowed yesterday, but today it really snowed. By the time I got back to the hotel there was a good 4 inches of snow. Today I played in the €1650 Six-max event. Six max is probably the hardest format in my opinion because you are forced to play a wider range, defend wider and call or value more marginal hands. Things was looking great when I was seated at a table that looked full of recreation players. I played one hand and was then moved to another table of 5 tough looking regs. I don't want to bore you with my sob stories so I'll just summarise what happened. Starting stack 40k. 

I will forever remember this day

Bullet 1:

Flop A69, I have 69, villain has 99. He had 12k only with lots of dead money. 
Board was Q93dd, turn Kd, river 8. I had KK, villain had JT, I lost 20k+ in this pot.
Flop was KJ7r, I have AK and 10k left, villain J7. Turn 7. 

Bullet 2:

Flop was K73ss, turn Q, river 5. I open with KQ, villain 3b, cbet, check turn, raise river. Didn't put 55 or 64 in his 3 bet range

I have TT I open on button, chip leader overjams I call. He shows K8cc. Flop AJJcc, turn 9c, river 4d.

If I won I would have 40bb+

Bullet 3:

Flop AKTcc, turn 3c. villain lead jams 50k into 12k pot. I have AT, he has KK.

Jumped into €5/5 PLO:

Flop was T92hh. I have J876hh. Villain had KKQ2hh. Sure him having hearts isn't great for me, but run twice lose both times.

Saw Elky Grospellier

After a day of heavy snow

You can see my footprints next to my car

Thank you for following me on this journey but unfortunately my 2021 WSOPE bracelet dream has come to an end. Because of some restrictions and low turnouts meant the field this year wasn't that great. There isn't a bracelet event I am keen on playing anymore and today was so sick I have lost my desire to play at least for now. If weather permits I might take a couple days off visiting nearby towns and then heading back to Prague for some cash games there before returning home. 

In total my poker result for this trip is -€10601. Believe me, I will be gunning for another bracelet in the future. But the hot desert of Vegas doesn't sound as bad after the freezing cold Rozvadov. 

No comments:

Post a Comment