Follow This Blog

Monday 24 April 2023

USOP Hanoi Report

I started the year hot, cashing in my first 3 events in Morocco then bricked my second series albeit bubbling the PLO KO event after picking up 7 bounties. So coming to my third series of the year I wanted to turn things around. I'll be honest with you it did not start well. But I want to save you guys from my bad beat stories. Let's just list out all my final hands and you be the judge:

KJ vs 75s
77 vs J8s
A7 vs A9
A9 vs 64o (12bb jam)
KQ vs AT
KK vs AA
KK vs AA
A6 vs K9
TT vs 85s (70bb rejam)
Q2 vs J5o
AQ vs K9
JJ vs 75o (I played this one badly I admit)
A6 vs J8o

Some standard flips, most I am ahead and a couple of KK vs AA coolers. But some aren't even supposed to be there. But despite all that, I managed 3 ITMs including 2 FTs, a 3rd and a 4th. Gotta be thankful for that. If one of two flips went my way I could have finished 2nd or better but I'm pretty happy considering the run I had. 

Food is a big part of my trips, but this time round there was a buffet breakfast at the hotel so I rarely went out for food. McDonald's was doing a 50% off Big Mac deal so I had quite a few of those. But I've been to Hanoi so many times the food isn't as thrilling as before. But looking forward to my next trip for some frites, waffles and beer. This trip I definitely put on some weight cause even though I tried to stick to my one-meal-a-day regime, my body isn't used to having breakfast instead of dinner, so when night time comes I get hungry and would eat my second meal. So some days I actually skip the hotel breakfast and let my friends take my place. 

I am a bit short from my 2023's target of 150k in cashes and 2 titles. Although I did come close twice this series. But we still have 7 months to go and I have got a very interesting schedule coming up, it is going to be hard to beat my travel schedule of 2023. Thank God for the opportunity and for what I call a career. 


No comments:

Post a Comment