Follow This Blog

Monday, 5 October 2026

APT Jeju - 2nd time this year

I have always had mixed feelings about Jeju. On one hand it is a very beautiful island with lots to do and explore, but the Shinwa World location is boring. Initially this trip was planned as a cash game grind, but due to the employee strike at Dream Tower, and my recent MTT success, I ended up playing 3 APT events. It's my 3rd trip to Jeju this year, but the difference is, this time I stayed in central Jeju.

It takes me a 40+ minute bus ride from where I am to the tourney location, but it is such a relaxing ride, I found it helpful for my game to be able to pray, meditate, prepare on the way there, reflect, decompress, review on the way back. Staying in town has it's perks. First of all there's a lot more to do, see and eat. There are also more accommodation options to choose from. There are plenty of service businesses around, which came in handy when I needed a dentist urgently. Albeit I got scammed, it was still convenient. On my off days I could go out for a stroll, a beautiful nature reserve is a 45-minute walk away, and there's a nice market nearby too. 

The Jeju field is quite polarized. You have your crushers - some of the best players in Asia on the tables, Euro GTO machines, but you also have really weak rich players too. My 4b was called once by KTo, another time by Q4s. I have certainly witnessed some brow-raising lines and showdowns. Unfortunately I didn't cash the Mystery bounty nor the Main event, but I shallow cashed the Mini Main despite having KK < AK < AK, AA < A9 all in preflop. 

My bus route

It's always fun to play at APT. Many people don't realize how OP it is to be able to check the live seating info. You're able to study your opponents and adjust to them accordingly without needing any hand history. On the table you can also sense who has looked into your profile and how they might perceive you to be, and use that against them. It was extra useful to me to be able to check how many are in the field before taking a long bus ride to the tourney venue. 

Not bad for $40+

This trip was a pretty relaxed one for me. I took time to recover from my dental issues, spent time with people who are important to me, studied, played online, catching up with old friends, worked on federation and national team stuff... I know I said I quit MTTs, but there isn't an ideal cash game situation right now, so I have 3 full series back to back starting in a few days. Hope I can run good, but most of all, have a great time and be proud of myself at the end. 






No comments:

Post a Comment