Follow This Blog

Monday 3 October 2016

Self Review : What do I need to Improve on

Recently I had a string of bad results. On PLO, I had top set against a guy who thought he had a wrap. But in actual fact he had only 3 outs. USD 1000 pot, he hit it of course. I had quads over quads, and some sick beats. But overall I think I have been playing well, handling the tilt well enough, and still remain reasonably positive.

I was talking strategy with another player who is kind of just embarking on his poker learning and one thing I suggested to him was to make a list of things he thinks he needs to work on. That got me to thinking of what I need to work on myself. Recently I have been speaking to Alec Torelli about a partnership opportunity and I went through his stuff and it taught me a lot. You can check out his website at www.alectorelli.com

That's me Skyping with Alec. Sorry I am still a bit shy to show my face yet. 

I did the free survey on his site and learned a bit more about my style and what needs to change for me to improve

1. Tighten up my range (it seems I am a bit too loose preflop)
2. Improve my mental game (let it go)
3. Improve my observation (I used to observe every hand and opponent, I have grown complacent and started to switch off at times)
4. Be more consistent (I need a default position for everything and stick to it with discipline)
5. Improve my physical stamina (yes this is a hard one)
6. Watch my session lengths (another problem)
7. Take breaks in during a session
8. Review my hands after a session
9. Manage my money better

Let's see if after a month I have improved or not.


No comments:

Post a Comment