Follow This Blog

Wednesday 3 July 2019

What Happened in June

I played 24 sessions of live cash games in June. Overall I did okay. Close to the end of the month I was doing well. Then came this two fateful sessions where I dropped close to 50% of my June profits. It hurt more by the way I lost and who I lost it to. The player was obviously a fish but he was just feeling lucky, calling down every single pot he was in.

As much as I hate 99, it's not going to lose this time, right?

Yes I was 95% favourite on the flop. It came Qd, Jd for the turn and river. Oh by the way, remember how I hate 99? A few days before this I had 99 on a J669T board where villain had JJ. The next day I had this hand below. River 5.

Not 95% favourite but 84% is still pretty darn high
Taking bad beats is part of life. But to have 2 days in a row running like this was so devastating. I guess at least it wasn't on the bubble of a big tournament. Just a bit of spoiler for July, I had a monster session and won it back. This time my sets and two pairs held and I was playing a higher stake. Thank God redemption tasted sweet and reassuring.

Starting to get into the rhythm of this city, had some time to go out and explore. Nothing much really but the food scene is decent. Found this gem of a burger place in town. Food is one of the comforts that makes me happy.

Self taken photo. Not bad right?
I started grinding cash games full time end of May so after about 1.5 months I can see it being something long term. I have tweaked my game a bit in this 6 weeks, set myself some rules to help me control my bankroll better. Overall I had a profiting month in June so as pledged I am giving 10% to charity. I wanted to donate a bunch of stuff to a local orphanage but the supermarket person did not cooperate with the delivery instructions. I will update you guys later with another post. Because I believe it is more blessed to give than to receive.

Left stack - bankroll, right stack - donation money for June

No comments:

Post a Comment