Follow This Blog

Monday 30 September 2019

30 days, 25 sessions, September Report

September has been my laziest month. In the last week of the month I only played 3 sessions but had a hot start to the month. Unfortunately had a bad end with me losing the last 3 sessions straight. But still I had my best month so far, more than doubling my monthly target so I guess I deserved a little break. I played 25 sessions, won 16 lost 9.

Played 2 sessions of PLO (lost both) and one session of OFC where I crushed for 500+ points

Previously I gave you guys a sneak preview, telling you I lost a lot in my worst session of the month. It was not the biggest loss of my career but this time I had 100% of my action so it hurt the most. I would get it in good but get sucked out, or miss monster draws. To give you some perspective, I lost almost my entire month's target in one sitting. The amount was equivalent to 8 months salary of my last job in Malaysia. I was visibly down and left pretty dejected. I went back to my room, watched a movie, had dinner and tried to be positive. Remember a few weeks ago I helped a guy move houses? Despite knowing him for just a few weeks, I volunteered my help when no one else he knew did. But I just did it out of kindness and never expected anything back. Anyway he was at the game and he saw how down I was. I could feel his eyes on me and feeling my pain when I lost every big pot. Later that night he sent me a message, "the whale is back". I wasn't sure if I wanted to play the whale again. If I lost it would put me in a hole, so I thought I'll just play a computer game. But the game wouldn't load, and I tried like 5 times, restarting my computer and still it wouldn't load. So I went back to the poker game.

Sorry it's a long story LOL. First hand I sat down, I had AK. Before I even got my chips, it was all in and against the friend who messaged me back. He had Queens but I spiked an Ace of the flop. I felt bad but he was really cool about it. After the double I had KK vs JJ against the whale. And the last big pot of the night I won with 34o.

At that point there was a lot of limping because the two main whales would give so much value post flop. 6 limpers and I am on the SB with 34o so I complete. BB was a reg friend often would check back but decided to make it 6x. All 6 players called giving me super good odds so I called. Flop was A83 rainbow. To my surprise but worry, it was checked around. Turn another 3. I decided to play it cautiously because BB is very capable of checking AA top set there. I checked, BB checks again and whale decides to bet almost the pot. Everyone else folded so I called. BB decides to call too! I did not like that call but nothing I can do about it. River was a 4. I checked because I wanted to see what BB would do, and let the whale hang himself. BB checks and the whale bets overpot putting me effectively all in. I called and to my relief BB folds. Not only did I win back what I lost earlier that day, I ended the day with a healthy profit. Hence the biggest winning session of my career. I was so thankful and humbled afterwards.

A week later I had another decent session. The next morning when I woke up I saw the news of a Cambodian teacher fighting for her life needing life saving surgery. I immediately contacted the person and sent my donation. I later found out not only the money meant a lot, it also gave the fund raisers, family and friends hope and strength. At this point in time they are still fund raising but I hope I will have good news to report on her situation. I know some of you might think, what if it is a scam? It's dumb to just give money away. Of course I did my due diligence but even if it were a scam, my pure intention was to help, and I am sure I would still be blessed for my actions.

Ate lots of sushi this month
After a few weeks of football, long walks by the river, even a couple of gym sessions and hitting the pool, no supper, less fatty foods, I have lost some weight and continue to drop in size. But still not completely there yet. Give me a few more months and I should be back in tip top shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment