Follow This Blog

Tuesday 26 July 2022

APT Hanoi (VSOP) Report

Wasn't I just in Hanoi a month ago? Yes I was! That's how much I love Hanoi and the games there. And like I said, this time round I brought my secret weapon. Those who know me personally will know what that means. My last trip I felt I pushed myself too hard and put myself in bad situations where I made mistakes. This time round I was more controlled however the cash game stakes we slightly lower than last time. 

Previous trip I managed a deep run in a side event for a 2k+ cash, this time I managed a deepish run in the main even for a 2k+ cash. But overall still lost money on tourneys. I finished 45th in the Championship and wanted really badly to cash to make money for my backers but alas it wasn't meant to be. On the bright side I feel that I am playing better and better on tourneys. 

But my bread and butter is still cash games. After grinding for 3 full days in the Main event I made a whopping profit of about $1.5k. But on my best night in the cash games I was up $5k plus. Sure, there's no glory in cash games and no chance to 60x your money in a few days. But, still it is my forte and I really should stick to it more. I just wish some potential backer could have watched me play and be impressed enough to back me in high stake games. There were a few hands that I was very proud of for example:

- Only losing 4bb with AA
- Min click bluff with air twice
- Overbet pot for value at least 5 times
- Making correct hero folds (lost count)
- All in bluff with blockers twice

This time round I also limited my mistakes. I probably made 2-3 mistakes that cost me a total of about $1.5k but more than made up for them by winning some pots that I shouldn't have. 

Tournaments         - 31m (including my main event cash)
Buy action            - 9m
All expenses         - 40m (airfare + hotel + food + shopping + incidentals)
Cash games          + 243m (modest win considering it's roughly +8x buy ins)
Sold action 5%     - 12m

Overall                  + 151m (approx $6k)

Every time I can have a profitable trip I'm happy and thankful, that also means $600 will go towards charity ($450 left) But it's a modest profit considering the buy in sizes. I had 3 losing days and 3 sessions that I had to grind out from a big hole. But I'll take it. Plus all the amazing food we've had and the memories we've made. You bet I will return to Hanoi again soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment