Follow This Blog

Tuesday 12 March 2024

APT Taipei 2024 Report

Was hoping I would win a free main event ticket to have extra excuses to join the full tour but unfortunately I didn't. Instead I grinded cash games, 17 sessions in 21 days straight. But my partner and I really needed a break so a last minute dash to Taipei for our travel fix and also my tourney fix. 


First event out of the gate ran deep with a decent cash, but still not deep enough. But happy to freeroll the rest of the series and turn a nice profit for my friends. Card dead on day 1 and still managed to make day 2 slightly below ave, and caught some cards on day 2 to make it deepish. Happy with how I played despite the lack of playable hands. Bricked 2 other events but made a small profit and plenty of fond memories. You know how they say, "you can always make money, you can't always make memories"


On another good note, finally reunited with Mr. Gorilla after he was in limbo in Hanoi last year. Funnily my partner went and got him a twin so now there's two. Double the prayers and double the blessings I hope. 

Exploring Taipei by bike

Pretty short trip so the report is short too. But Taipei is a foodie's paradise. So gonna wrap this up with some food photos. Unfortunately did have a bout with food poisoning on the last day. Hope to see you all at the next event, Poker Dream 9 in Genting, Malaysia! 

Best fried chicken in Gongguan Night Market

Love muah chee

My go-to bak zhang and mee sua

Highly recommended at Ningxia Night Market

No comments:

Post a Comment