Wasn't planning on playing any MTT, and after grinding cash for almost a month straight in Singapore, the first event (mini main) felt weird, as if I have lost some of my love of the format. But since I was in town for some meetings, I felt I mustn't miss the main event.
First bullet I played well and was cruising until the last 3 levels I just bled out and crashed out 15 spots away from the money. Rebuying was not on the cards, but when my other plans fell through I decided to try again. This time I had a similar ride but manage to squeeze into the money with a short stack. Entering day2 with only 180k (roughly 15bb) I managed to run it up to 3.3 million albeit a rollercoaster ride in between. Although in the end I finished 17th out of 1278 runners, it felt bitter sweet. Proud that I grinded it out, but wondering why do I keep falling short when it mattered.
Nonetheless it was a short and sweet stay in Hanoi, compared to my usual 3-week-long migrations, so this post would be short as well. 2 other friends made it deep with me in the main and 4 others won trophies in the series so I am super happy for them as well. After this experience, I might be back again real soon, and maybe come out of my MTT "retirement".



No comments:
Post a Comment