Follow This Blog

Wednesday 20 January 2016

I am in this APT video (sick hand)

Wow, didn't know I was on the APT video. Those who know me will know which one I am. Anyway, the ending part of the video where there was a lot of screaming, where Maria Carmen "Menchu" Esdaile (Sam Razavi's wife) was screaming "no heart" and "no pair", Simba (Korean pro) was screaming "heart", I was there screaming "pair the board" in a 5 way all in hand. (details about the hand below.



At this point I was the chip leader with about 30k chips, the closest stack to me on the table was like 10k. Blinds were 300/600, 75 ante. I was under the gun with KK, made it 1500 to call. Shortish stack next to me just called, black guy from Okinawa calls, Menchu calls on the button, Simba thought about jamming I think but just calls on the big blind.

Flop was 789 two hearts, pot was about 8k. Simba first to act had 6k+ left and he jammed. I was thinking yeah maybe some one had JT but I was still ahead of many possible ranges. Flush draw, T9, T8 kind of hands, AT possible and I didn't know what was going to happen behind me. I had everyone covered and biggest stack was probably around 7k. So I shoved too.

Short stack next to me tanked and called. Black dude called and Menchu was like what the heck is going on and then calls. Simba shows Ace high flush draw, I don't mind that. I forgot what the short stack had, black dude had KQ of hearts, so far so good but Menchu had the dreaded JTo. Damn, so close. I still had 24k in chips (400 bbs or so, so I wasn't too disheartened).

Then turn came the case King! My goodness I suddenly have outs! I screamed "pair the board" one time! River came the 9 of spades and I made my runner runner full house. Sorry Menchu. I felt I was good against Simba's jam. I didn't think anyone behind would have me dominated. ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment